LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Summertime




It's a quiet summer here; I haven't gone anywhere besides a few trips to the Denver area for appointments, etc, and don't plan any long trips this summer.   The camper is still winterized and I have no plans of camping this summer, so might as well leave it winterized.  Save me work this Fall.  I had back injections under anesthesia 3 weeks ago, and have been resting mostly to let it heal. The last time I had the injections a year ago, I got ready for a camping trip and went camping, where I think I did too much and the injections ended up not helping much, so this time, I've been taking it easy.  I need to be able to do some logging this Fall on my property to get some firewood in before winter.   I have a furnace now, and won't need as much firewood, but I still use the wood stove.

Right now in mid-July, it's the best time of year here.   Temps are perfect....70's day; 50's at night.  It's starting to be the Colorado monsoon season, thank goodness, since there so many wild fires around the state.  Daily showers come in, sometimes only for a few minutes, but enough to help with the extreme dryness.  I'm looking forward to the days it rains more than a few drops.  :)


This part was written later:
Well, it's August already..summer is short here.   I had my parents, my sister and her son here last week to visit.   We kept busy either cooking, eating, taking day trips somewhere, and sis and I cut trees down and cut them up.  worst part was getting them to the house.  But a great deal was accomplished with her help.  I still have 2 huge pine trees to cut up and a few aspens.  Will have enough for this winter, plus have use of a furnace.  yay!!
We ate very well!!  plus out to eat a few times, too.   It's sure quiet here again with them gone.  I have been resting since they left. lol   

 Mom and Denise
 Woodland Park meetup with relatives
 Puzzle put together
 Dad and Mom visiting the camping group in the rain
 Rain doesn't keep us from seeing a grand-daughter and great grand-daughter
 Dad and Mom
 That chair got a lot of sitting
 Dad and I in Fairplay for lunch

Andrew, Denise, and Mom in Fairplay for lunch


It's been raining everyday for over a week.   The fireban for this county was lifted a few weeks ago.  I am so grateful for no forest fires.  Monsoon rains are here in Colorado.   Soon the summer will be be over for this year.   September will bring leaves turning to gold, then that dreaded S word to come.

It's been a nice summer here.   





No comments:

Post a Comment