LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Monday, December 19, 2016

Hello Friends and Family......time I write something here again.  When I don't travel, it's stories from home here.  Summer came and went fast.  Winter arrived with cold cold temps, and some snow falls.   Today at last, it's going to be over 30 degrees. yay!   Entire country has been in the deep freeze literally.   
Deer visit my yard often looking for something to eat under the snow.  I feed the birds and squirrels in the deck feeder.  Stellar jays and chickadees and one squirrel I've named "Lucky".  He has a white belly and has been eating at the feeder for a long time.   




I am reading the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.  Have read 5 of the series and today will start the 6th in series, A Breath of Snow and Ashes.  I highly recommend this series.   Each book is over 1000 pages; if you like historical fiction, you will love them.    
Of course there's knitting, always knitting.   Socks on the needles all the time, one pair at a time, and have knitted some sweaters this year.   The current sweater on the needles is an Irish Aran with lots of cables.   It's a slow process, and I have to look at the pattern for each row.  My winter project......

one of many socks knitted

sweater knitted this summer

Irish Aran Cables




I enjoy TV and Netflix, too.  My favorite TV show right now, is Alone on the History channel, in it's 3rd season.   love love adventure survival stores and shows.  :)       

Have some good news!   My house is getting a propane furnace!   Have used a wood stove here since moving here.   It will be nice to have a furnace to supplement the wood stove, and will continue to heat with wood.  The wood I have on hand is from my property cut and stacked this summer.   Of course I had help for some of it.  I bought a chain saw and cut down the trees myself.  My sister, Mom and Dad were here this summer to get the wood in.




Paddy in the snow


pretty snow scenes here this week


bundled up!



2016 is on the way out.   2017 looming.
I hope your year has been a good one and many blessings for the next.

Diane and Paddy





1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you. Your place is so appealing and am glad you are happy with it.

    ReplyDelete