LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Coming full circle

It doesn't seem possible that just a little over a year ago, I was moved into my camper, my household was moved into storage, and I was on my journey to live the simple life on the road.  My life was forever changed as I learned to live alone with my dog Paddy, and how we found places to visit along the way.   We had a fantastic time seeing places and meeting up with old friends in the Southwest US. 

I returned to Colorado last Spring and decided to end the full-time camper way of life, and moved into a temporary for now  :) home in the Denver area.   I'm living in an apartment on the west side of the Denver metro area....where I can see the mountains that I love so much, and the ability to escape the city in a few minutes.  Those of you that know me, know I don't like living in the city.  So this will be a temporary stop (1 year) on my life journey.  

I apologize to my followers for not keeping this blog updated. I have no excuse.  Anyway, life for me is settled in here in an apartment with my dog Paddy, and my son Steve.  We will room together here until next summer, and then we will move on.  I plan to move back to the mountains, but not as far away as Fairplay, where I lived before.  

My camper is parked at my daughter Alicia's house in the mountains, and yes, it will be covered in snow this winter. I do plan to get it out in January to make a trip to California to go on a cruise with my parents and my 2 sisters, then go on the Quartzite for the rally in February. That's my plan anyway. I hope the weather here cooperates and I can get my camper out.  I'll hire a tow truck if I have to to get it out of her driveway!    lol

We have snow today, and it's the first "big" snow here, but only 3-4" today and really cold, in the 20's and teens tonight. What a difference from last winter when I was in the desert where it is warm and hot.  

I do a lot of reading of books from the library, and of course watch a lot of TV and netflix for movies.  I couldn't live without my laptop either, since it provides my connection to the world.  I stay home most of the time, and go out for groceries.  Those of you who know me, know I don't shop. lol  This year for Christmas, I've done most of it online. What a great way to shop.  It's delivered to my door and I only have to wrap it.  No trapsing through stores looking for something I don't know what to get, and no running around to different stores to get that perfect gift.  Yep, I'm liking online shopping.  :)

Knitting is back in my life again....always have a project on the needles.  I've been doing some sewing, too, making a cute fleece baby blanket for a friend and her baby boy, and some sewing for my parents.  I have patterns waiting for making me some things, too, just need fabric.  My sewing machine is the one I learned to sew on when I was 8, an old Singer cabinet model, and it still sews like a dream. "old is best" sometimes.

I enjoy following my Casita camper friends online in their journeys this year, and enjoy reading their blogs, too.  I made some really good friends last year and we keep in touch on Facebook.  

So here's a few pictures to share.   I'll try and blog at lease once a month.   




 View from my balcony. You can see the mountains to the west.  Paddy is looking out down on his level.  :)



Homemade laundry soap I use now.


Today would be a good day to light the fireplace again.


Paddy by the heater getting warm.  He's smart!


Here's Peach visiting us.  Alicia's dog. She's so cute, and thinks she's a lap dog.  :)

No clothes lines here, so I bought this drying rack.  Just pop them in the dryer for 2 minutes after they're dry, and they turn out just like you dried them all the way in the dryer.  $ saves kilowatts


 Baby blanket I made


Here's the baby I made it for...I finally got to hold a baby!! I've been yearning to hold one for years.  Baby Aero is so cute, my grand daughter Savanna's baby.


Paddy says "Hi" everyone!

Life is Good

2 comments:

  1. Glad I caught up with you. At least you have a view of mountains. Hey, have a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to hear things are well with you. Hope to see you in the desert this Feb.

    ReplyDelete