LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Sunday, May 5, 2013

Fool Hollow Lake, Show Low, AZ

Fool Hollow Lake is north of Show Low.  We arrived there on April 30, found a nice site in Osprey Cove, overlooking the lake.  Our site was up above the lake aways, so it made for a beautiful view.  A pair of great blue herons visited, and the always present turkey buzzards with their huge wing spans and white under their wings.   I've seen these birds my entire trip,  and enjoy watching them soaring ....but pretty hard to photograph. 
We planned to stay one night, and move on to New Mexico, but I discovered Paddy's eye had swollen almost shut, with weeping.    Too late to call a vet, so I put warm compresses on til morning and called a vet nearby.    Dr examined his very swollen and red eye,  checked for cornea scratch, and prescribed oral antibiotics and also topical cream to put in.  Dr nor I could see anything in it.  So we stayed another night because high winds on the roads. Later the next  evening, the swelling had receded enough for me to look at it better.  There was something stuck in the outside corner under the lids.  Too late to see the vet.  It was really cold and windy there....lows in 30's, so I wanted to move on the next day.  The vet got us in early that morning.   A foxtail had lodged in his eye!  From Camp Verde somewhere.   Vet pulled it out after numbing the eye, and we left town.  Poor guy...he was so good. Never acting like he had any pain, but he had to.
He's better now.  
Some pics of Fool Hollow lake and our site.  We stayed at camp most of the time, except for some shopping.
I'm headed back to Colorado to visit my kids. 
A Good Life out here. 










1 comment: