LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Sedona, AZ Pine Flat Campground


My idea of the most beautiful place I've been this winter has to be Sedona, Arizona.....with it's Red Rock Mountains surrounding the valley where it is nestled.  I drove from Wickenburg to Sedona about 14 days ago, to join a group of Casitas at a mini rally.  10 Casita campers with my old friends, and new friends to meet, were gathered for fun and more fun.  :)  I arrived several days ahead of the rest to make sure a site was open, and found there were many on the walk-in loop. I found a lovely site next to Oak Creek, with flowering bushes that smelled so good.

The drive from Wickenburg took me east to Hwy 74, to Hwy17, where I went north to Camp Verde.  From there Hwy 260 west to Cottonwood, then 89A north to Sedona.  Our campground was 12 miles north of Sedona, up Oak Creek Canyon.   It's a Forest Service CG, where Oak Creek runs along beside it.  The nights were cold the first few, down to 28 and 30...this is where I flip on the furnace...& days were into the 60's and 70's....very nice, and it warmed into the upper 70's before leaving. 

I drove into Sedona a couple of days to get groceries and look in the shops and galleries.  With the Red Rocks mountains above the town, there wasn't a spot that didn't have a breath-taking view.   Sage Diane and I had lunch at Taos Cantina, and wandered in the shops.   fun

We had happy hour every day at 4pm..and a pot luck Saturday night....evenings we sat around the campfire.  Mark, with his ukeleli,  played and sang ...and I enjoyed it all.   We went on a drive on Schiebly Rd, a rough and tumble rocky forest service road....the views of Sedona and surrounding valleys was stupendous.   I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
We went to Oak Creek Brewery one evening, and also the Sedona Airport restaurant another evening.  What good friends I have made in the Casita camper world.  :)

Jeff, Diane (Sage) and I stayed an extra night, before leaving for Camp Verde area, where Konrad & Lynn live.   We moved to a Forest Service Campground, where I am now.   They left in the past couple of days, as I will tomorrow.....and that's the next blog post.   lol

Enjoy the pictures.....I love taking them....my memories of this winter as a snowbird.....and I'll be back next year!

2 comments:

  1. Man, you are hitting all of our favorite spots in Arizona!~ Can't wait to read about Colorado!
    ~~Cheryl Ann~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I actually just stumbled upon your blog by accident. I must say, as a 19 year old college student, you inspire me! A good friend of mine and I are actually talking about doing a road trip of sorts in a camper like yours. I love this!

    ReplyDelete