LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Change of plans!

I'm back in the Denver area early!  2 weeks early.   I got a call from my son David a week and a half ago while I was having dinner with my sisters in Manhattan.  He'd been to the Dr that day about his achilles injury.  He was going to have surgery the next Monday, and asked me to come back early to help him.   I was shocked to hear his leg was much worse than originally diagnosed.   He needed his leg opened more than normal to repair the torn achilles and the torn fascia above it.   Of course I will come help you David!   So I got my eggs in a row in Manhattan to drive back to Denver, arriving last Monday.  Surgery was on Tuesday.   General anesthetic and a nerve block.    He's doing very well so far, and is a good patient.   :)  I wish it was me instead of him, but that's what Mother's say, you all know.....

So that's the reason I haven't updated my blog for so long.   Busy busy with the pre-Christmas shopping and parties I attended with my sister Nease.  I went to her sorority Christmas party, where we road on a trolley around Manhattan seeing all the beautifully  decorated houses.

While in Manhattan, I did more repairs to my camper.  Installed a new flush valve on the toilet, with a water shut off valve, too.  Installed the Maxair vent on top of the camper...had to climb on top to do that.  lol   And made a new table to sit at in my tiny cabin of my camper. I did all the repairs and updates in one week, and glad I did!   Saved me a ton of money, and it's nice to be able to do it myself.  
Some pics since the last blog.







 Here's my sister Pam with her buck deer she shot!   Awesome is all I can say....




You know the saying "There's never a good time for car repairs?"   Well, it's happened to me again.   Dang check engine light came on "again" on the drive to Denver.  I pulled off I 70 at the Flagler exit.   Checked all the fluid levels...wasn't that.   Got out the manual....light is for emissions.   So I let it sit for awhile, started it up, and drove on.    Now it's going to go to the repair place on Monday.   It has to be in good running order before I leave in two weeks for my southwest tour.   dang dang.    

I'm going to drive straight to Phoenix, since I'm going to the Fiesta Bowl!!   Kansas State is playing!  Brandon is a player! :)    It will be fun to be with my sister Nease and her family again, and my Mom, too.    I have a friend near there who is going to install my solar panels, and install cable tv lines. 

I am grateful for my family and to be able to have the freedom to be where I'm needed.    Now it's time to finish wrapping those gifts!   :)

It's a good life indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment