LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

November arrives

November arrived silently with Daylight Savings time leaving on the same night. I've been staying with my sister Denise and family....I have my own room here, a nice alternative from sleeping in my camper every night.  :)    It's sitting out front here on the street. 

Last Friday I went to visit at my sis Pam's house for 2 nights.  We had a good time at Candlelight Charm in Council Grove, Kansas, walking around the shops and enjoying a gathering of the people of Council Grove, just like it used to be when I was growing up....all the stores stayed open Saturday night....This holiday festival with Dickens' dressed carolers, carriage and trolley rides, food and music.       http://councilgrove.com/       

Shops had specials and refreshments along the way. We browsed and shopped the Gathering in the Grove Art Show, held in the building that used to house the City Library. Many local artists displayed and sold their various types of art, from fiber art, paintings, ceramics, antiques, to custom photography.  
We spent the remaining evening watching Kansas State football game...adding yet another win to their undefeated year. 

Pam and I also made a batch of sour dough bread from her starter she made last summer...yum.   It came out of the oven right before we left for Council Grove, so we enjoyed it when we returned home.    so good, especially with her home made apple butter and plum jelly.






Sunday, my family had a dinner (lunch) called Thanksmas.....time to gather with family and friends before my folks leave for winter in California.   We had the traditional Thanksgiving feast, and of course were stuffed with good food and desserts.    Denise's family hosts Czechoslovakian exchange students, and one of them attended.  He had never experienced an American Thanksgiving....they do not celebrate it in his country.











I made an apple cobbler in my Dutch oven.  With the pumpkin pies, we were pleasantly plumped!   :)


This week is going fast, just like all the other weeks here.    I'm doing some things to my camper this week, making it more comfortable for my trek after Christmas to the Southwest.    Also fixing some things.     It will be ready when I head back to Denver for Christmas to spend the holiday my family there, then leave for the winter.   

........it will be a Good Thing....as always....family time is the best....

No comments:

Post a Comment