LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10? wow...time is flying this month...or I've been busy. Yes busy.  After the camping trip, I've settled down to getting ready to move out and into storage, and onto adventures traveling.  I am excited and scared, too.  Everything always works out for the best for me and I trust it will continue.
A week ago I went to the Keystone Bluegrass Festival with Alicia and Satori.  We had a good day, listening to bluegrass, and having a beer or two.


 I loved listening to this band Dirty Chicken.  Reminded me of my Winfield Bluegrass days.

Now I'm in full fledged packing mode.  I've been collecting boxes, plus the ones I saved from moving into this house, and are making good headway.   I will rent a storage unit in a few weeks near Bailey, Pine Junction, or Conifer area.  Feels kinda like that movie, Eat Pray Love, where she puts all her most treasured belongings into a 12 foot box, and goes off to see the world.    I'm just going to go in my car and little camper back to Kansas, and to California this winter.

I bought one of those Thule cargo boxes for the top of my truck this week, and it's installed and ready to load.



Of course I did some more purging of stuff "crap" I don't need or use anymore. The thrift store in Fairplay received it this time.  

The Olympics started a week ago, and have been watching those all day and evenings, in between my other work.  It's been really good this time, especially since I'm home all the time and can see more of it. 

In 3 days, I'm going on a Casita Camper Rally over north of Leadville...meeting a bunch of people in their fiberglass campers like mine.  I'm looking forward to this trip, and meeting new people (like me).     2 nights at Camp Hale in the forest service campground.   I'm going to make a dutch oven Mississippi Mud dessert for the pot luck.  :)    Paddy and I will have fun and meet new people to boot.

I love living in this house and the beauty that surrounds it, I will miss it this place and how quiet and secluded it is. 

Life is Good, especially for me...


No comments:

Post a Comment