LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Friday, April 27, 2012

Blue skies and beauty of nature






This is a woodpecker in the aspen tree outside my window.  Can't see his red head, but he a fine specimen of a wild bird here.  You can see the aspen buds are progressing to leaves....still brown, but soon the huge groves of aspens here will be green and on their way to summer breezes and beauty of a Colorado summer.

We've had some rain in the past few days. yah!  so dry here.    I haven't heard thunder and lightning for awhile and love the sound of the rain.   The pastures and my yard are beginning to show some green grass coming up finally.    Let's keep the rain coming! 


Elk are coming to graze almost everyday now.  Pike's Peak in the distance...I just love seeing this view everyday.  I never get tired of it.      I was able to get some good pictures of the elk the other evening.  Ahhhh...makes my heart sing.




I am tired of winter...so happy it is gone...would love it to just rain now.    It's been a brutal winter for me here, and I'm ready to move on after this summer.  I love the mountain way of life, but next place I live in Colorado will be a mountain home with a furnace!  and a wood stove.  Just to be able to flip the thermostat on in the mornings instead of having to build a fire to keep warm.   I love it here, but am tired and weary of being cold.      I ordered more wood today, and probably will have to use the stove this summer in the cool evenings, since I live at 10,000 feet elevation.          I am grateful I can stay in my robe and slippers every morning and get dressed whenever I feel like it.

I was walking in my yard and saw this rock covered with lichen.  Isn't it pretty?




Last week I drove back into this area and checked out the ponds here for this neigborhood to fish in.  Private ponds.  This area is gated so not everyone and their dog can get in here.      some pics of the ponds and the grand view from above where my house sits.....

 Paddy loves when I catch a fish....maybe he's dreaming of it right now....



 That's my blue barn and house down there....

I live in a beautiful place and am so very grateful to be here for this time in my life.      And it is good, very good.



No comments:

Post a Comment