LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Flowers and Plants

The sun has returned after snow yesterday, but the wind remains.  It was a very cold night, 0 degrees & wind chills -15.  It'll be 22 today.  Last night I left faucets dripping and opened the cupboards where the pipes are, and turned the heaters on low in here.  Despite the heaters on, it was the same temperature in here this morning 53.  I woke at 230am, got up, and put some sticks in the stove, but it was too late. They didn't light.   I got up at 7 today, started the fire, clicked on the coffee pot, and it warmed up to 65 in no time.   I sure would like to flip on a gas furnace, if I had one.....
My plants and african violets are thriving here.  Love plants around me...they provide beauty and keep the inside air more healthy to breathe.   So I took some pics of them this morning.......enjoy.....I do.


Christmas Cactus...new leaves growing.



My friend Anne gave me this plant.  That's my childhood high chair.

Orchid...on my "new" vintage tablecloth.

I enjoy all my plants everyday. They give me silent beauty to make my world here in the cold a peaceful existence.






No comments:

Post a Comment