LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Season of Giving

Today is Sunday, and 2 weeks from today, Christmas Day, will be here before we know it.  I look forward to being with my family, sharing stories, playing board games, sharing yummy home-made food by everyone, and enjoying the day together.  We decided 2 years ago to stop the presents, except for the young ones, and now there is no pressure or obligation to buy gifts for everyone.   We see the season for the reason it was created, about giving of ourselves, not getting gifts.    And we are happy.     So today I bought a gift for my grand-daughter.  I can't wait to see her eyes when she opens it.  My heart is full of love for my children and grandchild.
Saturday I had lunch with my two friends from my job in Boulder years ago...we still meet once a month for lunch together.  Laughter and stories are shared and we sit and talk over our food and drink as long as we have something to say.   We are 3 of a kind.    We call it our "group therapy".   :)    good food and drink once a month with friends heals a body good.   
Last night I stayed with my daughter and g-daughter.   They put up their Christmas tree and we watched Christmas Vacation movie.  Even though we've seen it many times, we laughed and laughed at the antics of the Griswald Family.  

beautiful isn't it? 

Today I drove home, unloaded my treasures from shopping, and started the fire.  It's always good to be home in my place of comfort and solitude.  Tomorrow I'll start decorating my house for Christmas, with everything I've collected for many years.  You know, those hand-made-by-little-hands kind of ornaments.  Some are faded and worn from many years of hanging on our Christmas trees.   All are valued the same.

Happy Birthday today to my Mom!  

No comments:

Post a Comment