LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Monday, November 21, 2011

Upon the week of feasting and family

Thanksgiving week.....I am thankful for my family and friends, and all the blessings I have received.   I look forward to gathering with my children later this week, to share a healthy home-cooked meal.  I am taking the pumpkin pies.  :)  It's a day to remember all who have passed and are still in our lives and hearts.
The weekend was good here at my house.   Most everyday I tackle a box to unpack and to make my house comfortable and cozy.    Today more firewood brought in to the porch.  I'll have to order more soon.  
So I decided to not use the clothes dryer!     I have clothes lines up in my dining room, and works great.    But I plan to take them down for when having visitors.    Growing up we never had a dryer, always hung our clothes outside, even in the winter....freeze dried LOL.     My Mother still hangs her clothes outside most of the time.   Those of you who grew up when I did will know.....    I am trying to save on the electric bill mostly.   All electric house is not cost efficient any more.    that's my story..... 
3 days til I see my kids again, looking forward to it!     Thankful we can be together.
It's cloudy here today, not too cold, 30's.   maybe a nap in order.....
Inspiration for today.   



It's snowing...came in from the south...watched it cover Pike's Peak and onto South Park Valley.    Hot chocolate and audio book on....

No comments:

Post a Comment