LIfe is Good

LIfe is Good

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Blooming flowers in November


My Christmas cactus is blooming in November this year.  I love these flowers, so delicate and short lived, only blooming once a year during the holiday season.   They will be gone by Christmas this year, so I am enjoying the flowers while they visit me in their spendor. 
It doesn't seem possible November is almost past....with December in sight, with 31 days til we celebrate the end of 2011 and the beginning of 2012.   2012?   where did the last 10 years go?     Busy with our lives, always looking ahead instead of where we are right now.   Now is right now, this minute, savor the moment.  I am grateful for this moment.
The hat I've been working on is in the final stages of decreasing the crown.  I could finish it today....will see....   I'm waiting on a load of firewood to be delivered today.   The last of my firewood for heat is about gone.  It lasted 26 days, not too bad for over a month's heat.   My living room is heated by passive solar from the windows everyday, and stays in the lower 70's without any heat on at all.   Pretty good for living at 10000 feet.  




 


No comments:

Post a Comment